21.07.2022 04:44:53 cigar562hfsp952f...@icebubble.org:

sirjofri <sirjofri+ml-9f...@sirjofri.de> writes:

I'm pretty sure that pure Chinese computers would look different.

I've often wondered that.  What input methods do Chinese speakers use?
What do Chinese keyboards look like?  How do they find/select the
character they want?  Are different sets of characters available on
different computers, or are input methods standardized?  I wonder.

I was more referring to computers built without any american influence at all, so no ansi, no ascii, no LTR, probably different keycodes...

I can't give you an answer as I'm not from an asian culture (although I studied it a little) and it's hard to answer anyway since I'm heavily influenced by american computers. I'd really need a few years studying those cultures heavily to be able to describe a possible tendency.

I can imagine though to look at early russian (and maybe even chinese, if there is) space technology. I know that the russian tech was very isolated compared to modern technology.

sirjofri