On 7/21/22, cigar562hfsp952f...@icebubble.org
<cigar562hfsp952f...@icebubble.org> wrote:
> sirjofri <sirjofri+ml-9f...@sirjofri.de> writes:
>
>> I'm pretty sure that pure Chinese computers would look different.
>
> I've often wondered that.  What input methods do Chinese speakers use?
> What do Chinese keyboards look like?  How do they find/select the
> character they want?  Are different sets of characters available on
> different computers, or are input methods standardized?  I wonder.

I stumbled onto an instructive video on youtube not that long ago. I'm
sure there are a few you'll be able to search for. If I understand
correctly, it's a combination of entering the phoneme by the nearest
Latin letter, then select from a diminishing range of suitable options
on the screen.

The video was more focused specifically on how this need - which
Chinese, Japanese and Koreans somewhat reacted differently to - caused
the Chinese to make great strides in computing.

Lucio.

Lucio De Re
2 Piet Retief St
Kestell (Eastern Free State)