On Mon, May 13, 2024 at 02:04:24AM -0400, ibrahim via 9fans wrote:

> There are many companies who double license code. As the owners of such code
> they are free to do this. Users can't relicense code as they please
> especially not GPL licensed code.

At no point did we 'relicense' anything.  We have never been in control
of the license terms of Labs-provided code.  The code we write, we
licensed MIT.  We then released both as a mixture; this is explicitly
allowed under the GPL (the FSF calls MIT the "expat" license, see [1]
for their declaration that it is compatible) and also under Lucent
Public License Section 3 A.   We comply with LPL section 3 C by
providing complete revision history in a source control system; anyone
may inspect it to identify the originator of any of the code.

Hope this helps,
khm

1 - https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.en.html#Expat