it seems that either the script is not executable, or it's not stored
in one of the directories listed in $path. see rc(1):
Simple Commands
...
Names containing no initial slash are searched for in a list
of directory names stored in $path. The first executable
file of the given name found in a directory in $path is the
program to be executed.
...
$path The search path used to find commands and input
files for the . command. If not set in the
environment, it is initialized by path=(. /bin).
Its use is discouraged; instead use bind(1) to
build a /bin containing what's needed.
if you struggle, try to make it work with an absolute path (`| /path/to/c`).
when that works, try either tweaking $path, or /bin via bind(1).
On Sun, Oct 4, 2026 at 8:52 PM <[email protected]> wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> I have been searching fairly extensively for a quick and efficient way of
> block-commenting in acme.
>
> [Apparently this can be done using /* */, but I strongly dislike that
> syntax, for the reason that once you use it somewhere, if you then want to
> block-comment a larger section, you can't, because the */ that is already
> there will end the comment.]
>
> An alternative is to use the following, via M2 select, or M1 select, M2
> click:
>
> | sed 's/^/\/\//'
>
> That works. But it takes a while to type, and would have to be
> re-inserted in each new acme window, to the best of my knowledge. What I
> would like, would be to put it in a shell-script stored somewhere, and then
> just call that script from acme. I have done this, storing it in both
> /usr/glenda/bin/rc and /acme/bin/arm (for the raspberry-pi), with no
> result. There is at least one claim that this should work:
> https://github.com/evbogdanov/acme/blob/master/bin/c, and documentation.
> I have observed that he/she uses bash, and that this whole thing
> might/probably uses plan9port, and therefore these methods might simply not
> apply to something like 9front.
>
> The absolute best would be a keyboard shortcut, similar to the ones here:
> https://github.com/evbogdanov/acme (some of which work, the rest I
> haven't tried, other sites also document such things), but implementing
> that is over the edge of the research I've done so far.
>
> *9fans <https://9fans.topicbox.com/latest>* / 9fans / see discussions
> <https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans> + participants
> <https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/members> + delivery options
> <https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/subscription> Permalink
> <https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/Td1c9bb890f22e833-M403a6268044be321a1217d5b>
>
------------------------------------------
9fans: 9fans
Permalink:
https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/Td1c9bb890f22e833-M247b38e536013406d467ad6e
Delivery options: https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/subscription