Click to type is a concept that starts religious wars.
Howver rio (and 8½) are use it, to change sam
would mean plan9 would have mixture of modalaties.
Changing X sam only would mean switching between Unix
and sam would become painfull.

A mouse chording cut and paste interface exists, I saved
the details in /n/sources/contrib/steve/doc/sam-chord-patch.txt
Russ reworked this for p9p but discovered deep problems as I
rembember, the archives have the detail.

Configurable mouse - well, it wouldn't be my choice.

Unshared mouse buffer - well this is an artifact of history
but I for one am so used to it I find it strange when I use
Acme to find its not there.

Select whilst scrolling - I don't know this one.

A breakaway, more X11 style of sam was produced in 1993
odd. I don't know how bit-rotted it would be, but the code
probably exists somwhere in:
ftp://ftp.sys.utoronto.ca/pub/sam/sam-fans-list/

-Steve

Reply via email to