as a purely intellectual problem — how could we recover from or perhaps avoid
this remarkably unlikely event if our data stream just happened to trigger it —
this is all very well.  nevertheless, it still glosses over the hard fact that
it really
is the least of your worries if you are building a real system using it:
data corruption is far more likely to occur in the networks, for instance,
so if you really are building a system, you are wasting your time on this aspect
(except to the extent you come to see the point).