This solution has worked for some people:
1. Go to Start, Run and type in "control userpasswords2".
2. Put a check in the box that says users must enter a username and
password to use this computer.
3. Click reset password to set the administrator password. Leave the
fields blank. Click apply and okay.
4. Go to users accounts in control panel, click on change the way users
log on \ off.
5. Put a check in the welcome screen box and then apply options.
6. Log off or reboot and you should come directly to your own profile.

Donk

On 6/4/2013 5:07 PM, ws wrote:
> I have several problems with my desktop.  I'll start with what should be the
> easiest.  This is my own pc at home with XP Pro, nobody else uses it.
>
> Before I did a Windows Update, starting up the computer brought me directly
> to the desktop I usually work on. After the update <grrrr> it loaded the
> Welcome screen, which I finally got rid of.  But it still brings me to the
> desktop of "Administrator", which is not the user I use, which is called
> "Pat".  I've been all around the User Accounts window and menus and don't see
> how to change it back again.
>
> I hope I explained this properly so you know what I'm talking about. Thanks.
>
> pat

Thank you for using A-1 Computer TechYahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: