> Hmmm ...  Y'know; that might not be too difficult.  For the "x"  note
> heads, it would have been nice if 'x' hadn't been already taken up as
> an invisible rest; it would have made an intuitively-correct modifier
> for this purpose.  Maybe we could use '*' for this purpose, so the *e
> would be an e with an 'x' for the note  head.   Either  clef=drum  or
> clef=perc  might be good ways to show the clef.  I wonder how long it
> would take to hack this into your typical abc2ps formatter?

Well as Muse already has diamond, cross square (oh, and the usual ellipse)
for note heads, the answer is about minus three years for the formatting,
GUI editing, printing, etc.

For the ABC, if people agree on the syntax it should be about an hour or two
of work.

For the playing - that might be a mess.  Is there a *generally* *agreed*
meaning for these things? or is each drummer going to want it to look and
play *his* (or her) way?

Laurie