    Phil> The only faster way to get music into a computer is to play it on
    Phil> a midi keyboard, and even then you are usually going to have to
    Phil> do a lot of post entry editing.

The people I know who claim to be really fast in Finale use the right
hand on the MIDI keyboard and the left hand on the numeric keypad to
enter note lengths.  I used to have a setup a little like this when I
was using Cakewalk, and I can easily imagine it would have advantages
over what I currently do in ABC.  Most obviously that you don't have
to do anything different with your fingers to get into a different
octave.  In ABC, I think I'm faster when I'm typing in the octave that
doesn't use the capital letters, and I'm certainly faster when I don't
have to enter the commas or the apostrophes.

So is anyone working on an ABC application that allows this?

--
Laura (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097  fax: (801) 365-6574