Again, I think you guys might be misunderstanding what I was complaining about.  The
length of a whole line can essentially be stretched out by adjusting the scaling of the
PDF image before you print it.  But the spacing between notes within a measure is what
appears cramped to me.  This is also a function of what you print it out on.  Things
look
a little better on the HP Laserjet 4p at work then my Epson 640 inkjet printer at
home.  I
think from what someone else had posted yesterday that you can adjust the note-to-note
spacing, so maybe this isn't a valid complaint.  I few "helpful hints" on how to do
that,
if it is indeed possible, would be very welcome.

BTW this is one of the things that a lot of GUI music notation software has quirks
about.
Guitar Studio was especially "over user friendly" and would not let you do what you
need
to do.  Others that I have tried are a bit better.  I do like having the program adjust
the spacing for you, as long as you can go back and tweak it to make it look nicer.
abc2Win or abc2ps (not sure which is being used where, sorry) on my work and home
computers (both 500MHZ Pentium III, AGP video machines running Win98 with screen
resolution set to 800 x 600 pixels) produces rather cramped measures in my opinion.
This
is obviously a personnal preference thing, so I was inquiring if these tools allow you
setup "preferences" or if you can pre-program the note-to-note spacing withing the abc
text.  Some some step-by-step instructions on where and how to setup "preferences"
would
be helpful to me, but I will go read through the abc2ps documentation when I get a
chance.

Don