Ooops! Clicked the wrong button. Starting again -

Frankly Laurie, I can't be bothered to argue the minutiae of which way is
best.  What I consider most important is that we have a concensus.  We seemed
to have one before you came back from Sidmouth.  If you can persuade
everybody else that "shortest" is best then I am quite happy to go along with
it.  Until then I am not changing my code (having changed it once) just
because, in your opinion, "first listed"  is a bad way of doing it.

As I said before, wake me up when a decision has been made.

Bryan Creer