I would agree with your general advice. But I would add that I, out of ignorance, put Ghostscript in a sub-folder other than the default folder and not at the root level. I changed nothing in the configuration files, and everything seems to work just fine. Using Windows 98SE at the moment. Aahhhh! The idiosyncrasies of computers... Keeps programmers off the streets, I presume?

Don