On Sun, 6 Jul 2003, Jeff Szuhay wrote:

> I'm thinking along the lines of an ABCParse module
> which feeds a stream to both ABCPlay module and
> ABCView modules.

You're thinking about creating a libabc project? that
would be very cool!

Maybe we could form some group of developers that could
isolate the existing parser from say the abcm2ps code
and transform it into an independent library with a
well-defined API?

If the ABC community as a whole could provide a
standard complying parser, not every developer that
wishes to use ABC would have to reinvent the wheel
again and again. The current situation is in nobody's
interest.

> Maybe this is the wrong list (I never joined the developer list)

Is there still another ABC list?

 Groeten,
 Irwin Oppenheim
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]