Stephen,

You could run TunePal, which I wrote. It can display and play ABC's,
adjust speed, transpose search etc. It runs on any Pocket PC 2002 or
higher machine (a Dell Axim for example). I also have a version that runs
on a Psion Series 5. You can download the program here:

http://www.bryanduggan.com/TunePal.html

Hope that helps.

Bryan