From: Pete Brunet [mailto:p...@a11ysoft.com]
Sent: Monday, February 04, 2013 7:02 PM
To: Brett Lewis
Subject: Re: [Accessibility-ia2] Plea for a new function

Hi Brett, Is this still an issue for you?  We're very near the end of
discussions for IA2 1.3 and wanted to see if more discussion is needed on this
issue.  -Pete

On 11/26/12 7:03 PM, James Teh wrote:
On 27/11/2012 8:02 AM, Brett Lewis wrote:
I am getting the Iaccessible tree.  I then find that I want the text attributes
for one of my leaf nodes and find that I have to go back up the Iaccessible
tree to find the nearest Iaccessible node that allow QI to IAccessibleText and
then trying to figure out how to map the result back down to my Iaccessible
leaf node.
If you can, for Mozilla, it's best to ignore leaf nodes altogether; i.e.
pretend they don't exist. That way, you're only dealing with nodes that support
IAccessibleText. However, there may well be a good reason you can't do this.

Jamie

--
Pete Brunet

a11ysoft - Accessibility Architecture and Development
(512) 467-4706 (work), (512) 689-4155 (cell)
Skype: pete.brunet
IM: ptbrunet (AOL, Google), ptbru...@live.com<mailto:ptbru...@live.com> (MSN)
http://www.a11ysoft.com/about/
Ionosphere: WS4G