From: Alexander Surkov <surkov.alexan...@gmail.com>
To: Richard Schwerdtfeger/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
Cc: "accessibility-ia2@lists.linuxfoundation.org" <accessibility-ia2@lists.linuxfoundation.org>, James Teh <ja...@nvaccess.org>, Joanmarie Diggs <jdi...@igalia.com>
Subject: Re: ARIA feed role
Date: Wed, Aug 10, 2016 7:27 AM

So I can see three options

1) IA2_ROLE_FEED

It will take time to be picked up by browsers and screen readers.

2) ROLE_SYSTEM_GROUPING with xml-roles='feed'

Probably more backward compatible option, as existing AT, that have no 'feed' support, can announce 'grouping'.

3) ROLE_SYSTEM_LIST with xml-roles='feed'

It's good in terms of group position info, but articles as children may be confusing for AT.

Joanie, how have ATK approached to this?

Thanks.
Alex.