I'm happy with this.
On 11/08/2016 12:01 AM, Alexander Surkov wrote:
Let's go with ROLE_SYSTEM_GROUPING then until Jamie has objections.

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 8:54 AM, Joanmarie Diggs <jdi...@igalia.com <mailto:jdi...@igalia.com>> wrote:

    Hey Alex.

    On 08/10/2016 08:27 AM, Alexander Surkov wrote:

    > 1) IA2_ROLE_FEED

    PiƱeiro might kill me if I tell him I need a new role in ATK. ;)
    But if
    we absolutely need one for IA2, I can pursue that. However:

    > 2) ROLE_SYSTEM_GROUPING with xml-roles='feed'

    Is what we want for ATK (i.e. ATK_ROLE_PANEL). Because a list whose
    children are not listitem elements is confusing. You have to
    descend the
    accessibility tree just in case there are some listitems there.
    And you
    still may not find them in the end.

    > 3) ROLE_SYSTEM_LIST with xml-roles='feed'

    No thank you.

    > Joanie, how have ATK approached to this?

    ATK_ROLE_PANEL as indicated above. But Rich only asked for my mappings
    recently and I've not actually done anything specific in Orca for the
    feed role. So as long as you don't want to make it a list, I'm willing
    to discuss an alternative mapping if doing so is helpful.

    --joanie

--
James Teh
Executive Director, NV Access Limited