From: Alexander Surkov <surkov.alexan...@gmail.com>
To: Richard Schwerdtfeger/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
Cc: "accessibility-ia2@lists.linuxfoundation.org" <accessibility-ia2@lists.linuxfoundation.org>, James Teh <ja...@nvaccess.org>, Joanmarie Diggs <jdi...@igalia.com>
Subject: Re: aria-details and aria-errormessage mapping
Date: Fri, Aug 12, 2016 7:42 PM

I'd love to hear Jamie on this honestly, but his wording was:

"
To me, it sounds like errormessage just makes the rules slightly simply
to make life simpler for authors; errormessage isn't presented unless
invalid is true, errormessage must be visible to be presented, etc. That
might be fair enough. However, that doesn't mean it's an entirely
fundamentally separate concept, and thus, there's a good argument for
mapping it to description in a11y APIs (with appropriate rules)."
Do we a real example/scenario where AT has to know that a message on the screen is an error message, and this knowledge would improve the user experience?