Hi :)
L10n lists are currently having a massive argument/discussion (discussion
is more accurate tbh) right now about the disruptive effect of minor
changes.

I'm not sure but i suspect that getting such a UI change within the next
couple of days might play out ok and catch the translators before they have
put too much time into too many strings and then finding they need to
repeat the work.

If it's not likely to be just a couple of days then it'd probably be better
for them if this sort of change didn't happen for a few months - or
longer.  There might be a chance of them automating something like this but
it'd take ages to set something up and they haven't agreed on getting the
automation bit sorted.
Regards from
Tom :)