From: "kameshwari rao" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2007 8:18 PM
Subject: [AI] problems in opening a bank account

Hi friends,
need some help and suggestions from you.
I opened an IBM salary account with the ICICI bank on the 10/06/07.
At the time of opening the account the agent had not insisted on the
submision of any documents even though I asked him just for confirmation.
on the 20/06/07 the agent informed me that the account cannot be activated
due to the requirement of "some" documents and they also stress that it is
clear from my photograph that I'am a visually impaired person. On the
22/06/07 I also lodged a complaint with ICICI, which is still in the open
state.
My grievances have not yet been addressed. The agent says that he has sent
the case to his Mumbai office for clarification. Such issues are to be
addressed seriously since ICICI claims to launch talking ATMS in the near
future. How can a bank provide talking ATMS when it does not allow the
visually impaired candidates to open accounts with it?
sorry to send such a long mail, but , friends it is serious and I wish to
know from you what steps should I take.
Thanks
Kameshwari Rao
Mobile: 9986374908
To unsubscribe send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with