Besides being nonsense, it is going to cost the country huge!

-----Original Message-----
From: AccessIndia [mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of
avinash shahi
Sent: 29 December 2015 15:27
To: AccessIndia: a list for discussing accessibility and issues concerning the
disabled.
Subject: Re: [AI] Fwd: Re: Name-calling: is it possible to penalise under any
law?

Access India is one of the very premium platforms which serves not
only to blind people but many non-disabled researchers I know have
benefitted from the list's rich discussions/debates through google.
The discussion on 'divyang' and name-calling is very apt and offers
interesting perspectives to ponder. 'differently-abled,
'specially-abled and now 'divyang' are not our creation but imposed on
us by others who consider themselves non-disabled. This is taking away
one's right to decide how one wants to be addressed in the publick.
The way Mr Modi has suggested the nation to adopt 'divyang' instead of
'viklang', it was uncalled for. Legally speaking it neither reflects
UNCRPD's definition of disability nor conforms to our existing PWDA
1995.

Avinash Shahi