Dear friends,  it is clear that this is protest against  the
religious understanding of disability and not against BJP government
or Modi Ji.
Dear Bhawani, really you have raised the pertinent question but you
have missed out the actual sense of disability.  the term Divyang
"divine body"
  tells that the  people with disabilities  are having divine organ
and   special individuals in the society. here you need to understand
that  before the recognision  of disability  the disabled people were
below  the society, sin symbole in the society and  result of
displeasure of god. now the term divyang reassert the  same sense of
disability. the supporters of  protests are arguing that  we need
neutral and  autonomous terminology  where the sense of disability can
be tressed. for example the blindness is personal concern of a
individuals but the  blindness  is a justified ground of
discrimination is societal problems. which is not acceptable to us
including you. secondly you talked about the better term for blind. I
will go with UNCRPD and  argue for  persons with disabilities as
umbrella term and persons with blindness as individual term, because
these terms have independence meaning and correspond the actual
meaning of disability. even, you said that visually challenge and
visually impaired, both ther terminology were coined by the medical
professoanls  not by the scholars. there are some scholars who support
this terminology along with they are facing challenge from the social
model advocates.
again I would like to say that if this term would not get refuted that
the  next generation of research would be in danger. please be aware
about future rather than taking  congent benefits.On 1/26/16, pankaj