Hi,

While   I somewhat agree, I'm not completely convinced with the Google
argument. The two companies have very different offerings. Google is
primarly a web-based company, while Microsoft is more app-based. This
in itself can lead to substantial differences. Also, most of Google
products that are comparable to those of Microsoft are very new to
make such comparisons.

Best,

On 3/21/16, Reach Now <reach....@gmail.com> wrote:

> I couldn't agree more with Professor Sayanekar.
>

> Microsoft, in its infinite wisdom, has consistently chosen to over-innovate
>
> at the cost of user convenience. It is perfectly acceptable to enhance back
>
> end functionality with time as over-the-horizon technologies continue to
> evolve. That said, modifying the user interface, in fact, replacing a fully
>
> viable user interface and then pushing millions of users to the basement of
>
> the learning curve not just once but repeatedly, has never made any sense.
>

> This is precisely why Microsoft isn't Google any more to which it lost its
> leadership position almost a decade ago. Visit the original Google home page
>
> from 2001 on archive.org and compare it to the Google home page of 2016 and
>
> you will be surprised to notice that the differences are marginal at best.
>

> Although the back end functionality on Google's home page has come a long
> way, the front end UI essentially continues to remain the same. The links
> continue to remain text links and even the site links are managed by Google
>
> very professionally.
>

> Several third party applications are available to give MS Word 2007 and
> above an MS Word 2003 look and feel. However, it isn't the same thing.
>

> Just my two cents worth for what it is worth!
>

> Rajesh from Noida

-Kartik Sawhney,
+1-(510) 766-3419 (US), +91-9958499435 (India)
linkedin.com/in/kartiksawhney/