Hi Amar,Hi Amar,
I would like to add some points to Dinesh list, the parents also
concerned with the genetic problems may be faced by the next
generation if genetically blindness related Problem facing people get
married. If this is the case then one can decide to remain childless
or take decision to adopt a child.
Now a day’s one can go for IVF treatment where sperm ore ovum’s can be
borrowed of a non disabled person.
Then the question arises about the upbringing of the child. Parents
also are worried about how the blind couple can bring up their child
in this cut throat competitive world.
Here one should not say to their parents that we will manage that but
we should tell them that your support will always be with us. One
should try to win the confidence of their parents and not to confront
with them.
If we try to estimate all the problems in advance and try to find the
solution we cannot win the game but we should take the questions as
they come.
Each person has some positive and negative point weather blind or
sighted, we can advocate the positive point of the partner we are
looking. We should always insist on 1 point that I can remain happy
only with this partner and she only can understand me better. Become
little Ziddi.

On 2/7/17, Amar Jain <amarj...@amarjain.com> wrote:
> Indeed substantial points. I'll bother you over this weekend to take this
> further.
>
> Warm Regards,
> Amar Jain
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On 07-Feb-2017, at 2:42 PM, Dinesh Kaushal <dineshkaus...@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Well, independent living skills and attitudes are interrelated.
>>
>> Family members would be opposed due to 2 factors. 1. Due to genuine
>> concern that whether a couple with same disability would be able to manage
>> or not. 2. Due to another valid concern that a disabled couple might start
>> depending on them for their daily needs.
>>
>> Unless people with disabilities become independent, they cannot hope to be
>> able to make decisions for their life. Well, there is another problem
>> which I cannot address here, that Indian parents often do not allow their
>> children to make their decision anyways.
>>
>> The most important skill is mobility skill. For example, it is not
>> blindness that prevents blind persons to be able to independently move
>> around, but it is lack of training in mobility and orientation skills.
>> During my student life, my parents didn't allow me to travel alone, but
>> that limited my skill development in independent living. Once I realized
>> it is not going to work out, I had to insist that I will travel alone. If
>> I didn't take that step, later my parents would have thought that I would
>> not able to manage on my own. I have seen too many examples of blind
>> persons depending on others for mobility. It is ok to ask for directions
>> or assistance for new places, but if you need assistance for the same
>> place for years or months, then you need to think whether you have made
>> enough effort to become independent. It is important to note that we often
>> ask what society does for us without pausing to reflect how much we limit
>> ourselves without challenging our own limitations. While I am on the topic
>> of independent mobility I would also caution reckless behavior. For
>> example trying to cross a busy road might not be a wise idea. Often I had
>> to wait for 10 or 15 minutes near my college as the traffic was too
>> heavy.
>>
>> Another very important skill is how to seek help. For new places, you
>> cannot always go with someone whom you trust. So it is important that you
>> feel ok to ask for help. It is also important to have confidence that you
>> will manage when you face the problem. I remember when I started to travel
>> independently, I tried to think all possible problems that I would face.
>> But this paralyzed me and I would avoid to go out. but when I decided to
>> take things as they come, I felt easy to start and after solving some
>> challenges I got more confidence that I can travel alone.
>>
>> I still face challenges, but they are no longer a significant one to
>> prevent me in dealing with daily life issues.

> [...]

together we can and we will make the differnce
Zoher