I had applied for this card around 6 months back and received a email
update confirming that my application was rejected as the disability
certificate that I uploaded was a hand written.my certificate was issued in
2012 by a central government institute in Mumbai. My name and disability
details were hand written by the certifying medical board. Now the
swalamban card dept has advised me on the email to apply afresh with a
computerised certificate which can be obtained from district level civil
hospital. I believe the computerised disability  certificate is being
insisted  upon as it is already linked to your aadhar number.

So conclusion is that it could take 6 months to get a response and one
needs to have the latest computerised disability certificate from civil
hospital.

Santosh