the rate of unemplyement fall in uttar pradesh is because the non
organizations which used to play a key role have become mum in this
issue. on the other hand the political parties have no programme for
disability oriented one. the abilities of disabled are often mocked up
here. this i am not saying without any detailed fact. my words are
based on facts. our lucknow university has more than hundred disabled
students every year but this year this number has gone down. in 2000
indian association for the visually handicapped donated about 700000
Rs for establishing a high tech centre in the tagore library of
lucknow university. it was done so. the then vice chancellor
innogerated the centre. however it is lying defunct since that time.
no care has been taken for its revival. however a committee under my
chairship was formed by the then vice chancellor but my knock the
doors for the issue is taken very lightly. this year u.g.c. released
about 810000 Rs in XI plan as first instalment including disability
related problems to be solved in the same money but only inspite of me
another committee is formed under the chairship of professor Rashmi
Pande, Department of medieval history lucknow University but no work
has been carried out by the same Vice Chancellor's committee for
phuysically challenged. now this may be understood that in a city's
leading university has this kind of atitude thane what can be thought
about the general mass of U.P. in this regard. I hope some day a light
will enlighten them till then we have to wait here.
regards
.....drunsinha