Hi all,
Just read this well written narrative by Vamsi and thought I should
share my experience with Bat Travels. I was fortunate to be part of
their first trip. It was a paragliding to Kamshet. From the word go,
it was fun till the end. As Vamsi mentioned, everything was described
to us and all safety measures were taken in advance for paragliding.
As a blind tourist, I had missed out on many adventure activities in
the past on account of my disability. The Bat Travel team of Ritu and
Divya had made all the arrangements prior to our visit so that I did
not have to keep telling people about how they should not be
apprehensive about my disability.
I was a part of two more of their trips. One was a beer tasting event
and I could touch and feel multiple ingredients which go in to making
different kinds of beer. The third one was a night camping at Karjet.
We had floating and hanging tends, and some amazing live music. Again,
sighted travellers and teem Bat Travels explained everything in detail
to me.
Having been a part of three of their trips, here are some general
observations. They give priority to our dignity and for me it meant
having the pride of being independent. The groups always became
friendly in a short time and I never had inhibitions about asking
something or sharing any of my concerns. It was like travelling with a
group of friends. Ritu and Divya even being new to the sector
demonstrated some remarkable inclusion. So Ritu has a blind friendly
laughter and Divya comes with a bag full of annoying questions, and
they always made sure an inclusive travel experience. I liked the fact
that I could explore something new through Bat.
Cheers,
TK

i tweet: @mtonykurian