From: AccessIndia [mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of
Dipendra Manocha
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2018 11:35 PM
To: 'AccessIndia: a list for discussing accessibility and issues concerning the
disabled.'
Subject: Re: [AI] Netflicks and audio discription

Hi

The reason for separate audio track in XL Cinema that the purpose  is to
provide a solution for the movie hall. The movie Sholay was put there to let
everyone try out the system before you head to the movie theater. Else, the
there is not reason to play movie Sholay from YouTube and AD from XL Cinema.

The key here is The very innovative  solution to be able to provide audio
description while the movie is in movie hall.

Well, the reason for most production houses not doing audio description is that
there is a huge doubt in their minds that afterall is it really required by us?
Because the numbers do not really show that there is much interest in it. May
be it is too early days for reaching out to any conclusions on it right now.

Other day I received comment about XL Cinema approach o audio description and
heard that the Cinema halls solution deployed in US is not reliable. Not man
persons with blindness go to every theater and wen one actually goes in the
staff generally is caught unaware on how the system is to be operated. The app
based solution seem to be a much better  approach in such circumstance.

however, as I said Cinema world is very keenly watching the response  on the
movie Sanju. I am afraid, the results till now are very discouraging and we are
going to have very tough time convincing same or any other production house to
invest their time just for handful persons.

Thanks
dipendra