Greetings All:

I am writing to express my concern regarding any effort made by current, past
or future members of Access India to transform this group into another garden
variety group by transitioning to the Whatsapp platform.

While it is always an excellent value proposition to scale up to new
technologies, the rationale needs to be sound and cogent. Those members who
have access to the Whatsapp platform also enjoy seamless access to email
messaging on their cellphones.

Since email is fully accessible on hand held devices, transitioning to the
Whatsapp platform makes little sense .

I will grant that Whatsapp is indeed a more fashionable way to conduct
communication today. That said, Access India is not about fashion. It is about
serving a noble cause where hundreds of members help each other with their
daily challenges. A legacy system needs to be genuinely flawed for it to be
abandoned. Moreover, how will those members who use regular phones that are not
smartphones access the mailing list? Not everyone is entirely comfortable with
Android and IOS technologies all else being equal.

 Bottom line? I do not find any tangible reasons to discard the email protocol
when it comes to the access India mailing list. Where this discussion goes and
eventually terminates is entirely in the hands of the moderators. Nevertheless,
I thought I would add my two cents worth while the subject is being debated.

Rajesh

Noida

Message: 2