Dear All
Just thinking about upcoming budget slated to be announced on fifth
July. And typing this mail to share my feelings all across! I feel we
have become little lethargic as far as consultative advocacy stands in
the current scenario?
Shouldn't we send suggestions to Nirmala Sitharaman for
disability-visual impairment specific concerns and challenges for the
fifth July Budget?
Do we blind people are happy with NDA's III fiscal/tax arrangements?
What about GST, and other export/import equipment concerns?
Where the hulaballoo about accessible coins gone?
And disability allowance available in Central Government
establishments is enough? does it not require revision for decades?
We should certainly engage with Mrs Sitaraman who is from JNU. wow!
Lets draft our suggestions on behalf of Access India, no?
Best

--
Avinash Shahi

Research Associate