Dear Friends

Two months ago, I shared a positive initiative by Union Bank of India
regarding the launch of a digital accessibility enhancement dedicated
project called Union Access.  Myself and Rahul Gambhir are the resources
involved in this project.

It is an immense task to integrate ICT accessibility across the
organization which will take time.  We have taken several steps in this
direction.  Bank is on its journey to enhance digital accessibility.  We
are happy to share a few areas of our work in the last few months.

Submitted more than 30 digital accessibility and user interface enhancement
feedback and testing reports to different departments. Concern teams were
made aware of accessibility challenges.  We have covered digital banking
channels, mobile apps, email communications and internal portals.

Most important area of ongoing work is spreading awareness  to integrate
accessibility.  We are continuously engaged in the process. We have
developed 2 training modules and now they are part of the bank's eLearning
system. We have done vendors’ sensitization, staff awareness,
communications with departments and a very recent one is this week
team Union Access conducted a series of sessions on  accessible and
inclusive banking for newly joined 600+ Probationary officers.  These new
POs will be tomorrow’s decision makers and will spread further awareness to
6000 bankers wherever they will be posted. So the bank has done the right
thing to introduce them regarding disabilities, inclusive banking and
accessibility.

Many activities were carried out as part of Union Access like survey, books
publication, email communication accessibility enhancement, ecirculars
accessibility, documentation, data collection, support to users and
customers, talking ATM feedback and so on.

It is great learning for us in setting up a project on digital
accessibility in a large-scale bank with 75000+ employees. Few successes we
did achieve however, aiming for major remediations and 'accessible by
design' products.

Most important thing is today there is a buzz word regarding Union Access
and accessibility in the Union Bank of India and with due course we are
hopeful to achieve milestones on accessibility improvements.

We urge Access Indians and friends to write to us with suggestions and
feedback regarding Union Bank of India Digital spaces to email id
unionacc...@unionbankofindia.bank

Thanks and regards,

Prashant Naik

Mob: 9967968881