Hi

Agreed, presently it is enabled for cheques over a prescribed limits and signed.

Wanted to know as a system if it can be topped up to any value for blind persons for cheques with thumb impression. If it can give the confidence to the Bank's to clear it. Any problem in this approach?

Harish

On 17/08/2022 12:08, Rahul Gambhir wrote:
Dear Sir,

At present the system has been implemented to mitigate risk for transactions
above threshold amount. it is implemented for the cheques which are signed, not
applicable for thumb impression signed cheques.

With regards
Rahul Gambhir
Email: rahul.gambhi...@gmail.com

-----Original Message-----
From: accessindia@accessindia.org.in <accessindia@accessindia.org.in> On Behalf
Of Harish Kotian
Sent: Tuesday, 16 August 2022 13:18
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in; Prashant Naik <pran...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [AI] Union Access

Hi Prashant

Can this be possivly used for cheques signed with thumb impression?

Harish

On 16/08/2022 10:14, Prashant Naik wrote:
Positive Pay is a process of validating/confirming the key details of
cheques to deter Cheque frauds (applicable on high value cheques
amounting Rs 50000/- and above). Please refer to the RBI’s circular
number RBI/2020- 1/41/DPSS.CO.RPPD.No.309/04.07.2005/2020-21, issued
on September 25th , 2020 Customers are requested to submit in advance
the key details of cheques issued to the beneficiaries so that Bank
can pass cheque in CTS clearing without contacting the customers. In
case of any mismatch Bank can reject the cheque or take suitable
action to prevent wrong payment or fraud. Banks have provided various
options for customers to avail this facility through various banking
channels such as: Internet Banking, Branch Visit, SMS Banking and Internet
Banking.

Thanks & Regards
Prashant Naik