From: accessindia@accessindia.org.in [mailto:accessindia@accessindia.org.in] On
Behalf Of Mission Accessibility
Sent: 12 October 2022 10:24
To: AccessIndia: a list for discussing accessibility and issues concerning the
disabled.
Subject: [AI] Certification of quantum of blindness

Hi everyone,

Good morning. Apologies for sending this through the mission accessibility ID.
This is Rahul. That is because I have unsubscribe to the group from my personal
ID, due to the volume of males.

I would like your guidance on one aspect. My disability certificate shows my
blindness as being 100%. I have light perception, can recognize shapes and
forms in close proximity and can also recognize sharp colors when the lighting
is good. I am able to read, with effort,  large font on the computer, around
80-100 font size. And I’m able to see the time on my clock which has very large
digits.  So I don’t think that my blindness is 100%. My visual acuity is 2.5 by
 60 in one eye, and 3 by 60 in the other eye.

A few years ago, I had wanted to get the quantum of my blindness corrected. My
recollection of that process, as traumatic as it was, was that I was told that
given that the amount of vision that I have is very low,  3 by 60 or less, that
will be considered as 100% blindness. Is this accurate? Or  should I obtain a
fresh certification that captures the accurate quantum of my blindness?

Warmly,

Rahul

Get Outlook for iOS <https://aka.ms/o0ukef>

to accessindia+unsubscr...@accessindia.org.in