hi there,
let us not generalize on few instances about anything.
the intake of the blind in the corporate sector now, too has improved
because of the prolonged efforts of awareness and advocacy.
the private institutes must be made aware of our capabilities.
the awareness can be achieved only when we have some instances to show
them as testimonies.
it is wrong to advice someone to focus only on the government sector.
the right thought would be to make our career choices in whatever the
sector one likes.
please do try in the private sector too if your interest lies there.
as it is said, rome was not built on a day and change would not come overnight.
I too work in a private college as an assistant professor in the
subject same as yours.
yes I had the same problems.

--
"every human is disabled because, none has got the wings to fly".
Anirudh Rao