From: accessindia@accessindia.org.in <accessindia@accessindia.org.in> On Behalf
Of Ashutosh Singhal
Sent: Monday, November 27, 2023 3:27 PM
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: Re: [AI] Hello BPCL App not accessible

Thank you so much.

On Mon, 27 Nov 2023 at 15:23, Shankar C
<techsavi.shan...@gmail.com<mailto:techsavi.shan...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Ashutosh, I truely respect your efforts towards sharing the various
accessibility challenges on the social platforms.
keep going.

On 11/27/23, Ashutosh Singhal
<ashutoshsinghal...@gmail.com<mailto:ashutoshsinghal...@gmail.com>> wrote:
> As individuals we can try only. I am only a student.
>
> On Mon, 27 Nov 2023 at 11:09, Shankar C
> <techsavi.shan...@gmail.com<mailto:techsavi.shan...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>> writing the reply with concern and bit of frustration.
>> most of our list members are reporting the issues on various
>> accessibility concerns on mobile and web apps using the developers
>> email id and various social platforms, but we dont get positive
>> response.
>> also organisations like ccpd and mission accessibility collects the
>> data and issue the notice to the app makers to fix the accessibility
>> concerns.
>> long back I also provided the consolidated issue list to the mission
>> accessibility team to ask to fix the accessibility challenges on
>> zomato and i r c t c apps. there is no enhancements made so far on
>> these apps.
>> and there is no updates on the banking app's accessibility, specially
>> on i c i c i and h d f c servicess.
>> so my conclusion is instead responding to the mission accessibility
>> team, better to find the tallfree or phone pay to book the gass
>> silinder and booking status.
>>

>> .
>>

>> On 11/27/23, Srinivas Karnati
>> <srinivas.carn...@gmail.com<mailto:srinivas.carn...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>> > Good morning to all, my dear Access India friends. I am Srinivas
>> > Karnati
>> > from Telangana State. I think I already brought an issue to the notice
>> > of
>> > this group, but I didn't find a solution.
>> >
>> > I am a consumer of Bharat Gas. The BPCL Company has developed Hello
>> > BPCL
>> > app, which I downloaded from Google Play Store. I am using this app
>> > from
>> > long time with the help of normal people only. I can't use this app
>> > independently.
>> >
>> > The Hello BPCL App is not at all accessible to the blind using Talkback
>> or
>> > Voice Access. The area labels are not according to the actual content
>> > of
>> > the context. For instance, for a button with the text as "Buisiness",
>> > it
>> is
>> > reading "dashboard_header_button_buisiness_accessibility_label". Every
>> > single component of the application announces this unnecessary details.
>> >
>> > This makes VI people unable to access the app to book a cylinder, or
>> > make
>> > payments, etc., independently, without the help of a normal person.
>> > This,
>> > hence, raises a serious concern about the accessibility for such an
>> > important and useful Application.
>> >
>> > I want to know how this issue can be rectified. I request the
>> > organisers
>> or
>> > organisations present in this platform, that help in resolving and
> [...]

https://groups.google.com/a/accessindia.org.in/d/msgid/accessindia/CAKwMOJ1MFJWNoqSqeW8vrN4Fg%3DxKugiubma1GzC2cH5yTZHPZA%40mail.gmail.com.

accessindia+unsubscr...@accessindia.org.in<mailto:accessindia+unsubscr...@accessindia.org.in>.
https://groups.google.com/a/accessindia.org.in/d/msgid/accessindia/CAFL6VgK%2BryUyqOAPuaiJFsNKxENz%3Df2zzscCkeSF5_E1sGsu2A%40mail.gmail.com<https://groups.google.com/a/accessindia.org.in/d/msgid/accessindia/CAFL6VgK%2BryUyqOAPuaiJFsNKxENz%3Df2zzscCkeSF5_E1sGsu2A%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

________________________________
"The information transmitted, including any attachments, is intended only for
the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons
or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited, and all liability
arising therefrom is disclaimed. If you received this in error, please contact
the sender and delete the material from any computer. Please note if the e-mail
address include "TPR", the sender of this e-mail is a third party resource, and
not an employee, who has been specifically authorized to correspond routine
matters related to the project only. For any clarification with regard to any
non-routine or engagement specific deliverables please contact the assigned
project manager/ project partner."