Rightly said Prashant sir,

infact I manage my commutation my own like I go to office by bus, the only thing that wife drop to the stop and back to home by Uber bike. But she worries regarding safety as different bikers have different sought of driving skills. Some do harsh driving where as some are sophisticated driving.

Sent from Mail for Windows

From: prashant...@gmail.com
Sent: 02 January 2024 08:18 AM
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: RE: [AI] a query regarding car driving

Dear Gufran,

Encourage and help your wife learn driving. And then both of you will be able to travel easily  within the city.

However, make sure that people around you don’t get the impression that you are too much dependent or taking advantage of your wife or treating her as a driver only.

Many blind persons unfortunately and unknowingly create such impression.

I am raising a controversial topic here but this is my observation.

Wife can be the driver, the husband should be treating her as a partner or companion and if she want to take up any other thing such as a career or course or hobby, then that should be encouraged as well. People around you should be able to see that she has a personality and life of her own too.

You have been our student and hence I am taking the liberty to give this advice.

Best wishes,

Prashant