Hi to the group,
Hope this mail finds everyone in great spirits.
To give some context, I am totally blind from birth.
I have not seen anything except for lights, colours and shapes at a very
close proximity.
I wanted to ask, how can we develop our finger motor skills like moving our
fingers smoothly and fluidly or methodically opening a packet or cutting
straight using scissors.
Are there good training programmes to teach you such skills?
The next part of my subject line, I have noticed blind people including me
tend to do some weird things like, some blind people grip someone too
tightly which is not required.
I have been pointed out by trusted and caring family members to move or
keep my hands in a weird way.
I also tend to grip a spoon either too firmly or too loosely.
I also cannot visualise when someone instructs me to hold a particular
thing straight or tilt it.
My question is, has someone realised this, and how can we optimise
ourselves to behave very naturally and in a way, that our disability keeps
reducing to be a part of our identity day by day and we become more normal?

Regards,
Saurav
Student at Brihan Maharashtra College of Commerce, Pune