To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 5:00 PM
Subject: Re: [AI] My Experience in the Handicapped Coach but SL Coachasper Railway.

Pardon me putting across such a view, if any of you find this
unacceptable. Why should there be a handicapped coach in the first
place, if all of us can avail concessions through tickets of all kinds
(except, of course, in Shatabdi and Rajdani)? If the thing is about
finding a birth or a seat to travel, we are no better than others and so
--except in the case of persons with severe disability-- I wonder if we
should insist on having coaches like this at all. Fact is, we should ask
such "unique" identities be scrapped in order for us to be more
mainstream.

Subramani