i suppose, more misuse is possible while paying the bills, in the stors and restorences then with ATM.
one has to give your credit card to the staf for othentication,
no such need with ATM!!.

At 02:22 PM 6/2/2010, you wrote:
there are 100s of rules and laws lying in india, either unused, misused or wrongly interpreted. even indian evidence act is quite old. better option is apply credit card facility if you want with PNB. you can quote the circular if they deny such facility. no one can defame the entire organisation, if one particular case is wrongly treated. thousands of rape committed daily, should we blame the entire male population of our country? numbers of false cases registered under IPC498A, should we blame the entire female society?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Vamshi G" <gvamsh...@gmail.com>
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2010 5:24 PM
Subject: Re: [AI] PNB CREDIT CARD FACILITY TO BLIND CUSTOMERS

Hi Mr. Kamal Varma,

Other allegations made by some of our members on PNB are all truths. Hence
we can't deny all of them and say that PNB is free from any irregularity.
And it's quite natural to blame the entire organization when a particular
employee denies someone their entitlements.

And yes, we all appreciate PNB for taking a positive attitude towards
issuance of credit cards to visually challenged persons.  But more often
than not, it's the implementation that has bogged us down rather than the
rules on paper.

And coming to the eligibility criteria,
    A Credit Card applicant who is visually impaired person must possess a
voice enabled mobile phone for the purpose of communication of transaction
happening on the credit card.

Please clarify whether a voice enabled phone is a prerequisite for
ccommunicating the transaction details, or is it a prerequisite for applying
for a credit card.  I didn't get the exact meaning.

Regards,
Vamshi G
M: +91 9949349497
R: +91 877 2243861