Hi,

The present rules of scribe are certainly ridiculous.

now that all banks are free to lay down their own rules, people/NGOs
in a certain area should approach the banks whose central offices are
located in that particular area.  For example, Mr. Gautam, President
of NFB Karnataka, is in Banglore and hence can approach banks like
Corporation bank, Vijaya Bank, Syndicate bank, etc.  Efforts can be
made to  sensitise them about the present rules and how they are
making life difficult for visually challenged people, and above all,
propose rules that are amicable to both banks and candidates.

They should be sensitised as to how aspects like scribe from a
different academic stream are irrelevant for a banking entrance exam,
and how strengthening of invigilation can replace the current
stringent rules.

Almost all the banks' head offices are located in places like Mumbai,
Delhi, Kolkatta, Chennai, Hyderabad, Banglore, where we have some very
good NGOs operating.  So, they can summarise the experiences of
visually challenged people and present them before the banks.

In the meanwhile, we can put efforts towards creating a centralised
database of willing scribes and try to cater to the needs of needy
people.  In searching scribes, once our own friend on Access India was
successful in using social networking sites like Orkut, Twitter, etc.,
to find people with the required conditions.

I heard kanchan madam is fighting a legal battle on this issue, but
don't know the details and progress.  But as she always says, everyone
should shoulder the responsibility in winning a major battle.

--
G. Vamshi
PH Res : +91 877-2243861

www.retinaindia.org

On 7/2/10, gautam <gtm.agra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear swasti,
>
> Thanks a lot for responding my quires in regard with facility of writer in
> bank exams. Actually some people from Karnataka have approached me to
> address the issue of relaxation in eligibility condition for writer for not
> having more tahn 60% marks in last exam.  According to them because of this
> condition it is difficult to get eligible writer in time.  Here I would like
> to know what are the experiences and thoughts of the people in all other
> states in this regard.
>
> With regards,
>
> Gautam Agarwal.

disability bill at: