Dear Neelima and other friends, I am deeply touched by Neelima's thought
provoking mail about the immense value and everlasting significance of Indian
Classical Music.[sorry for reading this mail today only]. I even read Mr.
Pradeep Banekar's informative tributary mails about Late Pundit Putraj Gavai,
who, inspite of being visually challenged and having a flood of obstacles in
his tedious path, not only went to gain perfection and world wide acclaim for
his immortal Music, but even paved the way for hundreds of visually challenged
curious aspirants to learn and perfect this Divine Art under his own guidance
and also to follow the path shown by their Grate Guru! [I am sure all of you
have read my late reply to Mr. Pradeep Banekar's Mails also].
         As regards the so called "DJ designed music" of today,it is definitely
a pass time and stands nowhere when compared to our own Heavenly Music, which,
right from the Vedic Times till today, has been successful in blessing its
lovers with Param Aananda; and not only that, even helping them to connect
their souls with the all mighty [The Nirakaar Par Brahmma]. It is a real pity
that we Indians learn to value and respect our own culture and heritage only
after the Westerners start to recognize and follow it first! Otherwise  we
always take pleasure in making crude imitations of Western culture and posing
ourselves to be ultra modern.
               Maybe most of you would be amused to know that A. R. Rehmaan's
Oscar Winning composition, "Jai Ho" [from the movie Slum Dog Millionaire],
which has actually been copied from the much revered Western composer, Mozart's
Symphony 40, is quite similar to our very own Raag Bhairvi, a melody which is
being  sung and played in Indian Classical Music for centuries.
             So, Neelima, on behalf of all my friends in Access India, I assure
you that although there are a lot of Indian Music lovers on the list, but  I
fail to understand why they always prefer to remain silent about it. Once again
I express my sincerest thanks to my friend Pradeep Banakar for enlightening the
list about the immortal contributions of Pundit Puttraj Gavai not only for the
Music World in general, but also for the V I community in particular.
Warm regards.
                  Yogesh Sharma.