From: accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in
[mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of Dr. Yogesh
Sharma
Sent: Sunday, October 10, 2010 10:49 PM
To: neelima.a...@gmail.com
Cc: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: Re: [AI] There is noone who is listening to classical music? or

Dear Neelima and other friends, I am deeply touched by Neelima's thought
provoking mail about the immense value and everlasting significance of
Indian Classical Music.[sorry for reading this mail today only]. I even
read Mr. Pradeep Banekar's informative tributary mails about Late Pundit
Putraj Gavai, who, inspite of being visually challenged and having a
flood of obstacles in his tedious path, not only went to gain perfection
and world wide acclaim for his immortal Music, but even paved the way
for hundreds of visually challenged curious aspirants to learn and
perfect this Divine Art under his own guidance and also to follow the
path shown by their Grate Guru! [I am sure all of you have read my late
reply to Mr. Pradeep Banekar's Mails also].
         As regards the so called "DJ designed music" of today,it is
definitely a pass time and stands nowhere when compared to our own
Heavenly Music, which, right from the Vedic Times till today, has been
successful in blessing its lovers with Param Aananda; and not only that,
even helping them to connect their souls with the all mighty [The
Nirakaar Par Brahmma]. It is a real pity that we Indians learn to value
and respect our own culture and heritage only after the Westerners start
to recognize and follow it first! Otherwise  we always take pleasure in
making crude imitations of Western culture and posing ourselves to be
ultra modern.
               Maybe most of you would be amused to know that A. R.
Rehmaan's Oscar Winning composition, "Jai Ho" [from the movie Slum Dog
Millionaire], which has actually been copied from the much revered
Western composer, Mozart's Symphony 40, is quite similar to our very own
Raag Bhairvi, a melody which is being  sung and played in Indian
Classical Music for centuries.
             So, Neelima, on behalf of all my friends in Access India, I
assure you that although there are a lot of Indian Music lovers on the
list, but  I fail to understand why they always prefer to remain silent
about it. Once again I express my sincerest thanks to my friend Pradeep
Banakar for enlightening the list about the immortal contributions of
Pundit Puttraj Gavai not only for the Music World in general, but also
for the V I community in particular. Warm regards.
                  Yogesh Sharma.

please visit the list home page at