To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Sunday, February 27, 2011 2:57 PM
Subject: [AI] Census Experience with enumerator

Dear all,

Finally enumerator did visit me to collect data.  He asked me series of
questions and I was waiting patiently for Question 9 but he never asked me.
He asked me to sign as the exercise was complete.  I askhed him that this
censes does not have any data on disability and he told me that he is not
aware of such questions.

Thanks to Access india; I did remember question 9 and toldhim to read out
question 9 to me. He did comply with my request and finally ticked the data
on disability.  After a brief conversation; he confessed that hhe has not
been collecting data on disability and tomorrow would be the last day for
collecting data.  He also informed me that no sensitization training has
been imparted to him or his colleague who is part of this project.

I have requested him to please ask question 9 to all homes which he would
visit going forward.

I am deeply concerned whether this censes would actually reveal correct
stats on disability inspite the fact that it is part of their question.
Based on my interaction today; it is pretty clear that this official is
indeed doing a half hearted job.

Thanks and regards

Asif

Get numbers right this time, help the census with correct disability info!
Question 9 relates to disability.