In fact, I too prefer escalators to stairs. Once you know how to deal with them, they are easier. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Pankaj Kwatra" <pankaj.kwa...@tecnovate.co.in>
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2011 10:19 AM
Subject: Re: [AI] help needed: for using escalators

Hello Prateek,

I am most comfortable with escalators instead scared of normal stairs as
they can topple you if not focused but an escalators will never do that
as I use sound to determine escalators and people movement. Please do
not jump on escalators ,you should be nimble, use your hand to determine
moving hand rest and then gently move on to escalator with one leg and
once you have found moving stairs ,just quickly transfer your weight to
stairs. Kindly keep negative thoughts out of your mind.I do this without
any vision or stick and hate to take any help.

Regards,

Pankaj Kwatra