Thaindian News

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/uncategorized/court-rejects-disable

New Delhi, June 21 (IANS) A Delhi Court has rejected the plea of a disabled man
seeking direction to the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) for issuing him a
pavement hawking licence.

Dismissing Surender Pal's application, Additional Senior Civil Judge Raj Kumar
Tripathi said: "The grant of such licence (tehbazari certificate) is the policy
matter of the civic agency."

Pal, whose upper left limb is permanently impaired, approached the court in
2004 seeking relief so that he could continue running his road-side tea stall
in South Extension Part-II.

"Injunction is an equitable relief. It cannot be granted to the person who does
not come to court with clean hands. An encroacher of public land is not
entitled to the relief of injunction from a court of law," the court said in
its order earlier this month.

Pal submitted before the court that he may be given a licence for pavement
hawking as he was handicapped and belonged to the Scheduled Castes category.

The civic agency had earlier refused to give him the licence, he said.
---

IF we not part of the solution then we are part of the problem
With Regards
Pradeep T.S
SyndicateBank
Information Technology Cell