http://timesofindia.in...

MUMBAI: The Kolsewadi police in Kalyan (E) on Friday arrested a
39-year-old blind man for allegedly raping his friend's 24-year-old
wife, who is also blind, at his friend's residence in Manpada,
Dombivli, on October 27.

The police also arrested accused Ashok Yadav's friend Mahesh Yadav
(22), also blind, for aiding him.

Investigators said the victim, a resident of Ambernath, and the
accused, from Kalyan (E), sell fruits, vegetables and stationery items
on local trains and they got friendly due to their common profession.

The matter came to light on Friday, when the victim's husband (also
blind) got suspicious after his wife stopped talking to Ashok.

On repeated questioning, the victim broke down and revealed that
Ashok, on the pretext of repairing a mobile phone, took her to his
friend's flat in Manpada and repeatedly raped her. In the police
complaint, the victim's husband, said, "Before leaving for Pune for
personal work, I decided to leave my wife at my friend Ashok's Kalyan
residence. While leaving her, I bought her a mobile phone and got a
prepaid SIM card. However, she was unable to operate it. When she
asked Ashok to help her in activating it, he claimed that the phone
had to be repaired and took her to Dombivli, where he raped her."

Kolsewadi police assistant inspector I V Vishwakarma said they had
booked Ashok for rape and his accomplice for aiding him in the crime.
"The victim maintained silence for almost a week. The accused were
arrested from their residences."

--
With Regards
Pradeep T.S

Register for AccessIndia convention 2011(November 12-13)  at:
http://www.accessindia.org.in/harish/convention.htm