firefox will not absolute work with bsnl portal.

----- Original Message ----- From: "gufran" <gufran.ahmed1...@gmail.com>
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2011 7:02 PM
Subject: Re: [AI] about bsnl landline bill online.

hi you can use webvisum along with mozilla firefox for solving the immage varifications. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Singhal, Vivek" <singha...@iocl.co.in>
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2011 11:39 AM
Subject: [AI] about bsnl landline bill online.

Dear Yusuf Bhai,

The Selfcare site of BSNL is a very slow site as it is directly connected to SAP server of BSNL. It normally takes 10 minutes to open during day time. Some people have indicated that this site opens fast during early hours because number of people logged on is limited. Personally it is a very good site as a lot of BSNL jobs can be accomplished but it is equally bad from VI perspective. I am using another website for making online payment of BSNL bills. It's the same site to which Bhawaniji was referring in a previous email (http://portal.bsnl.in/). One needs to create a free account and register the landline phone number to it. Subsequently one can pay the bills online. In case you provide your mobile number and subscribe to SMS alerts then the website shall send you the SMS regarding posting of bill, reminder about payment of bill and receipt of payment etc. It's a good site. I normally seek sighted assistance towards the end of payment cycle when some characters needs to be inputted based on a graphics image.

In fact in order to work on Selfcare sight I normally ask my sighted colleague to open it on his computer and perform the activities on my behalf. Any tips for helping me to work on selfcare independently shall be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Vivek Singhal,

This Message was sent from Indian Oil Messaging Gateway, Refineries HQ, New Delhi, India. The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.