From: "habeeb. c" <habee...@gmail.com> hello habibsir, last September I have taken lic policy, first my agent also told me that I should be ready to pay some extra charges if necessary. when my policy was passed by lic office, he told me that no need to pay any extra amount. but what is legally that I don't know. regards.
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2011 10:29 PM
To: "accessindia" <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Subject: [AI] a query regarding insurance

hello access indians, hope that all of you are fine,
one of my friends had a strange experience. As he approached an
insurance agent for taking a policy, the agent told him that the
amount of premium that he should pay is higher than the sighted people
having the same policy, as the risk involved in this case is  of a
higher degree. i would like to know about the legal validity of such a
rule. i also would like to know whether there are any such norms in
any of the officially released doccuments of L.I.C.
regards