hi friend. i think that the tv remorde should be bluetooth so that the direction and obsticals between the remote and the device should not be major hindrence. and allows the user to use the device smoothly. also the remote should be voice enable. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Geetha Shamanna" <gee...@millernorbert.de>
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2011 12:43 AM
Subject: Re: [AI] Wanted - ideas for accessible gadgets.

Hi Vamshi,

There used to be such a device at All India Confederation of the Blind in
Delhi some years ago. I have no idea what the device was called, but it was
battery-operated and
Was attached to the gate. The device beeped continuously, orienting blind
individuals trying to make their way to the institute. Perhaps a similar
version of the device is available with a remote attachment? Please contact
Mr. J. L. Kaul of the AICB for further details about the device.

Geetha