There are so many devices that are available for blind and VI people
in the market.
But many of us don't even know that the devices that we are looking
for already exist.
I wish we had a complete and comprehensive list of all the devices
that are available.

On 01/01/2012, Rahul Bajaj <rahul.bajaj10...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This really sounds very promising!
> The remote would be really very, very useful.
>
> I think that another thing that can be considered is a device which
> can be used for face recognition.
> For example, if one takes a person's photo, then that photo can be
> stored in the device's data with that person's name.
> So, the user of that device will then be able to identify the other
> person's face just by taking his photo.
> The device will be able to recall the stored data and tell its user
> the name of the person in the photo.
>
> Does something like this already exist?
>

> On 01/01/2012, m.chandrashekar <chandru...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> hai dear prashant, I wish you happy new year 2012, really this is great
>> idea
>> with less expensive. I really appritiate your idea and effort in this
>> direction.
>> thank you and all the best in future innovation.
>> with best regards
>> m.chandru

>>> wall. It has a small remote control with AA batteries that can ring this
>>> bel
>>> easily from 50 to 100 meters. I have installed the bell on the front of
>>> our
>>> building and my wife who is totally blind always carries the remote with
>>> her.
>>> At times when she is coming home alone she uses the remote to ring the
>>> bell
>>> outside our building and is able to locate and enter it using the sound
>>> clues.
>>> Our neighbours initially did ask why are you installing the door bell
>>> outside the house but now they understand and are amused to see the
>>> system
>>> working.
>>> One can buy several sets of the same brand and then install the door
>>> bell
>>> at
>>> various places. The same remote will be able to ring them.
>>>
>>> I have been using this system for more than five years now.
>>>

>>> Prashant

>>> reached. Smile!
>>> 2. Also it would be useful to design in a way that if more than one
>>> person
>>> visit the place, more such portable parts could be configured with a
>>> particular installed piece. Or, the system uses a single protocol, so
>>> that
>>> if I have the portable one, and I visit a friend or an organisation